Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Again it has been a few weeks or months since I have updated this. I am going to blame it on a busy holiday season. It is probably not true, but hey it works for the time being.
We have had a lot has gone on and I have a ton of pictures.

**Thanksgiving was at my parents house this year. We (I) started off the day with running the Eagle Mountain *FREE* 4 mile run. After we all gathered at my parents and ate and laughed and had such a good time. It was so relaxing. The weather was so nice we were even able to take the girls to the park.

**Derek and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. We celebrated by going to Thai Village (love love love it) and the movies. The girls did stay at Derek's parents so yay for getting to sleep in.

**Mckinley had her very first dance recital. I cannot believe she is getting so big. She was so cute and, because I am the Mom, she was the best one on stage. I am going to try to download her dance but I have not gotten around to it yet. (Hopefully soon and hopefully it will work.)



**Christmas on its own is a big event and lasts the entire month of December. So much went on. I had the best time having a night out with the girls at my moms house making the ugliest gingerbread house ever (sorry guys). We missed Cathy and Kristi tons. Mckinley and I made a gingerbread house (the side of the roof fell off before I could get a picture).






**We went to a fun Christmas party at Aunt Doreen's house. Mckinley had fun playing with Kyla and Tyler read a cute story for all the kids. Mckinley showed off her talents by singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" for everyone and Staci handed out giant suckers to all the kids (hurray). Aidie loved hers and almost fell asleep eating it.






**Christmas Eve we went to my parents house and had an amazing time hanging out with everyone and again we missed Cathy tons. The girls had so much fun exchanging gifts and just spending time with everyone. (I did not get any pictures of Christmas Eve, sad)

We also opened pajamas (that I made so don't judge) before going to bed Christmas Eve. The girls were so excited to get to open a present.



**Of course Christmas Day brought tons of excitement. The girls got a Barbie house so guess what we have been doing since Christmas (if you can't guess we have been playing barbies).



**For New Years we went to St. George to party at Alden's house. We spent lots of time in the pool and just hanging out. We checked out the First Night in downtown St. George and had a great time. Unfortunately we did not dress the girls warm enough so we did not stay very long. We know better for next year. Derek and I barely stayed up till midnight and went to bed about 12:05.No matter how late we stayed up we knew the girls would be up bright and early. I would almost call us pathetic but I am going to go with smart instead.



Crazy holiday season but we loved every minute of it.
My goal is to stay up to date better so there are no more marathon posts. Sorry about this one. Also Derek and I broke our camera right before Thanksgiving so that explains the lack of pictures for that very important holiday.

**One last final picture...
Aidie was so ornery right before bed one night so I decided to give her and Mckinley a bath. Aidie was not having it and I could not pass up these pictures. I am probably a mean mom for not getting her out and taking pictures instead but come on, look at that face, how could I not take a picture.


3 comments:

  1. I love the holidays as a parent--There are no rules! but now that the schedule is back things are much more manageable around here. Love the pics.--Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time you posted!!! I still need to see Mckinnley's dance recital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for a new post and awesome pictures!!! Oh my gosh mckinley is adorable (and tiny) in her dance pics and I love the holiday pics (cute pajamas and nice sewing skills) and aidie's a diva so i'm sorry i think the sad crying pics are priceless! Um love the new years get ups too!

    Happy belated anniversary!!! LOVE The update!!!

    ReplyDelete