Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yay for Spring Weather!!

I am not sure I like this new format that blogger has changed to. I am a little confused on what I am doing so sorry for anything that is kind of screwy. 

Since the weather was nice for a couple of days last week, the girls and I ventured outside and went to Thanksgiving Point. We went to the kids Gardens (aka the "Flower Museum" if you ask Mckinley). They had so much fun running around and playing on and in everything they could. I am so happy that they are to the point where they can, and love to, play together and run around together. 

I love to see these two walking together. They are so much fun to watch. 
 

What is cuter than a little girl running around in pigtails and a soccer jersey? Her sister running around in a ponytail and a soccer jersey.
The girls love to wear their soccer jerseys. I love to put them in their soccer jerseys.Dad loves his girls wearing his soccerteams jerseys. It just works at our house.

 
Derek and went to the RSL home opener Saturday night. What an awesome game! It is fun to head up to the stadium and feel the excitement of the crowd. Derek is one happy guy now that soccer season is here. 
 
**I am not a David Archuleta fan so make sure you read this before looking at the pictures.**
David Archuleta was a "surprise" half time guest at the soccer game. He was there to fulfill a wish for a little boy, Jonah, with the "Make a Wish Foundation". Jonah has two rare blood diseases and a heart condition. His wish was to play with the RSL team. He was able to play with RSL during a practice, walk out with the team and, since the team was receiving rings for being MLS Champs, was given a ring just like the rest of the team. During half time, since Jonah is a huge fan, David Archuleta came out and let Jonah perform a song with him. It was probably the most touching half time I have ever watched. I was so impressed that Jonah was given the opportunity to perform and not just watch. It made me stop and think "what if that was one of my girls?" It made me very happy for that mom to be able to have that moment for her little boy. 
 

And on one final note:
 
This is what our house is looking like. We have footings! I am very excited about this because it means we should be closing a mere 5 weeks. That is just 35 days from now. That is an approximate date but I will take it. The foundation should be poured tomorrow.  It is so much fun to watch the progress. It has been frustrating watching our hole just sit there while other houses are getting started all around us, but it is finally our turn!

2 comments:

  1. I love that aidie is wearing her tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! and the background is cute!! Oh my goodness, i'm glad the girls play together and are so stinkin cute!! i can't believe your house is going to be done so soon!!love the tutu too!! and yay for soccer season!!

    ReplyDelete